1. If you want to stop studying, if you have worked hard and are legitimately tired and can't concentrate, it's ok to stop. You don't have to eat a second and a third cookie. You could just stop, and read a book, or read the blogs you like, or go to sleep. You could do anything that nourishes you. It's ok that you ate those cookies - it's certainly not going to hurt you - but we both know that you didn't eat those cookies because you legitimately wanted them. You ate them because you didn't want to work.
So all I'm saying is that next time, let's take out the middle-man of emotional eating, ok? I'll just let you take a break. Even an hour-long break! And we'll watch an hour of t.v. together, or read, or do whatever you want. You don't have to be ashamed to tell me what you want, body: I will listen. I'm trying to listen better now. I love you.
2. Eating healthy foods feels good. Vegetables feel good. Fruit feels good. Grilled chicken feels good. I experienced all of these things this evening, and it felt good. And you know what else, chocolate felt really good too, when it was in balance with all of those things. Not like you can't eat junk. You definitely do so whenever you want to! But you actually do like healthy foods. So you don't need to keep eating junk at every moment in the day to make up for the years when you couldn't. You can also eat healthy foods, and enjoy that too, because you would like to do so in the present moment. Just a thought.
3. I love you. I love you so much. I'm sorry I don't always listen to you, but I am so thankful for you. I want to try harder to listen to you. I want to do things that make you feel happier in a spiritual and emotional and physical sense. I'm sorry when I abuse you, and I'm thankful that you bounce back, no matter what I do. I love you - and I'm going to work harder to let us be a team: you and me, me and you.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment